1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick opens up about health issues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, May 2, 2019.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It was. Watch/listen to the show every day, am a big fan. Hope he gets better.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I’m always a few hours behind but thanks for the warning. I’ll be listening attentively.

I’ve noticed he lately has occasionally repeated himself or mixed up facts or forgotten things all together. Nothing horribly unusual, I do it the same, but I was aware of it more than I am with, say, Kornheiser or others I listen to daily.

Wishing him well. Even if he’s background noise sometimes, he’s been part of my routine for 15 years.

OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  4. MileHigh

Early part of Hour 2.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ugh. Patrick has typically been one of the sane, normal guys in this format. All the best.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The clip is part of the posted link if you don't want to wait.

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Started playing just after I typed it. It went silent for a couple of seconds. I thought my signal conked out. It was Dan choking up. Lovely job, DP.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will the memory loss end when he's done with the chemo?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was actually glad to see the move to the bigger space, I figured the show had maybe a year or two left.

10. MileHigh

My brother and I listen everyday. We'll text funny lines as we hear them and we know what we're talking about.

He signed a three-year deal for the show a year ago. Going to the bigger space I think shows he's going to be around for more than just the two years left on his contract.

But it certainly clears up why he left Football Night in America, or at least didn't want to sign a five-year deal to stay on as NBC wanted him to.

Again, for me, it's a must-listen every day. Sane, rational, no-nonsense, spreads the boundaries. A very good listen.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to him in a long time, but holy hell, this could quite possibly help my sister-in-law. Everything he describes with the rheumatoid arthritis is what she's going through. She's currently on prednisone, which can make her unbearable at times. I've already forwarded this clip to my wife in hopes maybe my SIL can bring it up with her doctors.

Thanks to DP for opening up about it, and thanks to MTM for posting it here, or I would not have heard it

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted