1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Marino's Baby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 31, 2013.

1. It's from the comments section. It must be true!

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Shoulda put a glove on it.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hah. I see what you did there.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well done.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm sure there are will be those ready to throw the race card saying that nothing has been made of it because Marino is white. While there may be some truth to it, the bottom line here is that he has stepped up to the plate and supported his child.
    I'm not a big fan of getting into athlete's personal lives. They're human. Things happen.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Marino's wife, as the wife of a professional athlete, should have a 100 percent belief that her husband has some side action. I suppose there are athletes where that isn't the case, but anyone who marries one has to believe and accept that it's happening.

And willingly sending the guy on the road for his TV career -- 17 weeks a year to recapture the grand life of a jock without all the preparation and fitness responsibilities? You're begging for this.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Steve Garvey laughs and laughs and laughs.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wonder if in some cases they don't even care. Not everyone is Elin Woods. I'm sure a certain percentage of them truly realize it goes with the territory. Perhaps they even have their own side gigs.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still have my "Steve Garvey is not my Padre" bumper sticker from way, way, way back in the day...

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've been told that players on the White Sox would make fun of Jim Thome quite a bit for not cheating on his wife.

11. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

That's what you get for leaving the laces in.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sad, but true...

A Broncos beat writer told me John Elway had some kind of agreement with his wife where she said, "Just don't embarrass me or your children." and she let him do whatever he wanted until he went to some big function with some bimbo got drunk and made a scene and Janet left him a few days later.

Sad that women sacrifice their self-respect to stay married to a famous person.

Draft saved Draft deleted