1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn you, Sports Clips

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

After the USMNT debacle, Roethlisberger's wreck and getting an estimate from a plumber on what some work would cost, I was stressed/in the dumps. Being a SportsJournalists.com regular, I decided to go get a FUCKING HAIRCUT.

I call Sports Clips, because my normal barber shuts down at 4. "We're open 10 more minutes," I'm told. I get there in five minutes and the door is locked. The girl totalling the cash register looks at me, points at her watch and then shrugs. At this point, I almost snapped. Instead, I walked back to my Jeep, got a pen and paper, wrote "If you're going to tell me it's already 8 p.m., then you should make sure I can't see the huge clock hanging behind the counter that says it's 5 'til." I slipped that through the mail slot on the door and drove off.

I stopped and got a snow cone. It was quite nice. But I'd have preferred a haircut.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are looking a tad ragged there son.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I know Mods, and I want to look my best for APSE next week.

Plus it would have been nice to have gotten a scalp massage and shampoo. Very relaxing.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Just not from a guy who's been busting for spnking it in public.

Trust me.

Draft saved Draft deleted