1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn...this is sad...I missed my own 5,000th post!?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 25, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously, I knew I was closing in. I just put in a new post and decided to look at it to check where I was. And the post total read 5,013!

This is 5,014. I don't even know which was 5,000. That just sucks.

2. outofplace

Of course, 2 minutes after I posted that, I figured out how to find it. Below is number 5,000 from the Leinart thread. Pretty mundane crap. Very embarrassing

Quote from: AlleyAllen on July 25, 2007, 01:28:37 PM
    OOP, I'm looking at it from a much more mundane level...not child support, but, y'know, support of the child, as in diaper changing, paying time and attention, etc.

We're taking the word of this young woman that Matt has been absent, and I'm saying she just as easily could be fudging the truth a bit.

Oh, I know. And I agree. I was just saying that money would give her a motive to do that.

Broadway Joe is right, too. We don't know. That's why the knee-jerk reaction to slam Leinart before he even got the opportunity to give his side was so disappointing to see from a site full of journalists.

3. Sucks to be you. Guess you'll have to wait to celebrate when you post another 5,000 ...

4. outofplace

Eh, fits in with the rest of my week. Not sure if I should be proud of my full member status or not, though.

5. I'm just fucking with yeh, congrats.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know how you feel x 5.

7. Do you remember post 5,000 BYH?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BYH's 5K post was about Night Ranger and was accomplished by yelling "One! One! Zero! One!" into a rotary phone.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

OOP - I missed my 6,000th post. I knew it was coming, but then the next thing I knew I was on 6,009 posts. My 6k was about the Yankees. Surprise.

10. That's a shocker Gola!

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

OK, now that's fucking funny.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm pretty sure sportschick's 5,000 post was about Sean Bean or shoes. I'm still trying to feel mine out. Maybe I'll just keep deleting posts so I'll never get to 5,000.

Draft saved Draft deleted