1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn, Hillary's good

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Didn't George W. Bush accomplish that -- twice?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Now that the Aaron chase is over we can now fully focus on the next assault of our senses - the 2008 Presidential campaign.

12 talking heads each less inspiring than the next.

We still have another year to listen to this shit.

As this election procedes I think more and more folks are tuning out and viewing politicians as increasingly irrelevant in their lives.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The racist Democrat Party is finally showing its true colors.

4. And then the bridge falls in.
    Hard to say that steelworker last night thought politicians were "irrelevant" to his life.

5. Boom_70

Last I looked the amount of union workers was dwindling also.

I could be wrong but it is what I see. There is a lot of disinterest. Perhaps it is because the campaign has started to soon.

I was in Iowa a few week ago and most folks could care less even though the canidates are all over their state.

I just think that at all levels of goverment that the masses have moved to a postition of indifference.

I see more apathy towards politics then I have seen in a long time. I think a lot has to do with lack of action by democrat party after November elections. They pretty much have done nothing they said they were going to do.

Again - I could be wrong but it's what I see.

6. Which is how democracy dies, by the way.
    Numbers differ, Boom. Most polls I;ve seen show a high level of interest. Whether that will hold through 2008, we'll have to see.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

democracy's over rated

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

By the end of the week, only one point of cable news discussion will remain: How Hillary's "I'm your girl" line played.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I seem to recall Bill using the words "middle class tax cut" during 1993, and we all know how THAT turned out.

Getting back to Hillary... I concede that she does have the debate skills and she is an excellent speaker. Having said that, if she wins the presidency women better hope nothing major happens along the lines of Watergate, etc. That could set the women's movement back years.

Yes, she's ahead by over 20 points, but she's closer to the pack in the first few states. Let's look at those numbers once again in February and March.

10. The middle class got a tax cut -- not a big one, but a tax cut -- in the 1993 budget that the Republicans said was going to wreck the economy.

11. Boom_70

To my point - evidence that people are losing interest:

AFL-CIO Forum Ratings: Lowest Yet
    The AFL-CIO Democratic forum last night on MSNBC, was the lowest rated-yet of the eight primary debates/forums held this election season. Based on live +same day data, Nielsen found the debate had 960,000 total viewers and 340,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Like "neocon" for most, or in your case, "chickenhawk".

Draft saved Draft deleted