1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas Radio Station Prank in Pats-Pokes Post-Game Pressers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stone Cane, Oct 16, 2007.

1. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Are you really bitching about having "just" 2 hours for an NFL gamer? As opposed to maybe 30 minutes or an hour for a high school game on a friday night when you have to do all your own stats? Come on man, you have a stack of stats and game notes to work with and replays of nearly every down? Must be tough

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Yeah, two hours sounds like a luxury. I probably take about an hour to bang out 600 words.

Granted, I normally have *days* instead of hours to write a gamer since I'm at a weekly. Doesn't mean I can't write on a daily paper's deadline. Just means I don't have to.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

1920s Reporter Guy got Paris Hilton — the "hottest flapper girl in Tinsel Town" — the other day. She's the first one I remember actually responded to his question.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Except it's been established that the same guy did the same thing to Mack Brown, Sidney Crosby and many others. Which makes the usefulness of any individual's interviews kind of beside the point, no?

5. Dessens71

Dessens71 Member

Don't you think timing is the essense of whether this guy is a jerkoff or not?
    If he uses this schtick on Sidney Crosby at some press conference the day before the NHL all-star game, it's cool.
    If he uses it on Tom Brady when reporters are only allowed to ask a limited number of questions in a short time span and they're on deadline, he's a douche.
    I don't think that's too much nuance.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but I don't think timing has anything to do with it.

I see him as a full time jerkoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted