1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

dallas help

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnsonville, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Could it be a sound off or something of that nature... Not a full blown column by design, but a 200 word something that goes with the Monday football analysis?
    Since I dont see the DMN, I dont know how they package Monday football.
    But I know Chuck Carlton well and know he usually writes far more than this...

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Chuck's piece was packaged on an inside college football page along with polls and awards watch. Like previously mentioned, it looks like it's supposed to be a short on that page.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The DMN has this device called the "Quick Take" which they use to give their beat writers face time. It's usually a very short opinion piece, no longer then 10" max. That's what this was.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This seems to be a trend: Players or coaches who "screw up" chances at winning the Heisman are more important than who wins or loses the actual games.

Then when the winner is announced everyone can pile on and say the best player never wins, the Heisman winner often flops, etc., etc.

Who votes for the Heisman, anyway? A bunch of idiots or something?

7. ogre

ogre Member

You mean besides the previous winners? ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted