1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dale Jr. to Hendrick Motorsports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Willie-Butch, Jun 12, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Playthrough, didn't know you were a mod. Congrats.

Anyway, Busch has proven to be an even bigger tool than his brother. He was much better when he was a humble 16-year-old who nearly won a truck race at Chicago if not for a Brian France Red Flag and didn't say a peep about it. Him and Kurt let success get to their heads, bigtime.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He and Kurt are prime examples of bad parenting. sigh. So much talent, such shitty behavior.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never heard much about the parents, so I can't comment on that.

Still, it's a shame. I mean, I can be a toolbox, but nothing like those guys.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I am no fan of the Busch bros. whatsoever, but in equal equipment, in equal conditions, Kyle'd run all over Junior.

Give him a couple more seasons to get his head on straight, though.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Bald.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Junior and Gordon . . . teammates!

"group hug"

I can't wait to see all of 8's true-believing groupies puking their beer, in unison.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Kyle has got talent out the ass.

But he's got to control himself.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm surprised there's a question of whether Hendrick would want the No. 8 for Junior. What kind of windfall would come with merchandise sales of a new number? $20 million? $50 million?

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know, I understand that Junior receives too much attention for what he's accomplished, but there's a lot of slighting of the guy's talent that's complete bullshit.

You put him and Kyle together in equal equipment and Kyle'd wreck them both nine times out of 10.

I'm really struggling to think of a situation in which Kyle would be better than Junior. Certainly not on superspeedways -- outside of Gordon or Stewart, there's probably not a better superspeedway driver than Junior. He's also done very well at a few intermediate tracks, so I'd say, at best, that's a wash. And neither are that great on the road courses.

Junior likely doesn't deserve the following he's got, but let's be fair. He's pretty damn good.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Junior is very good.

He's not great, like some of Ironhead's fans want him to be.

He's 32, meaning he is what he is. I'd like to see what he would've done if his head was screwed on straight from the time he came up to the Cup Series, not just in the past couple years. Seems like he's only now becoming serious about his own legacy instead of going out and partying.

Draft saved Draft deleted