1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dakota Fanning to be raped on film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 21, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice the movie is directed by a woman?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's not what he's doing.

He's just being the contrarian, which is a polite word for troll. Nothing more.

If 96% of the posts on this board were about how bold and innovative and wonderful it was to see an acresss like Dakota Fanning tackle something like this . . . DyePack would be calling everyone a bunch of perverts.

Notice how he rarely comments on subjects that have plenty of support from both sides.

Only on the discussions where there is a near consensus will he pop in . . . and argue the opposite.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, BTE, you hit the nail on the head. It's not just that I've had this same type of discussion with at least one figurehead ME who was paranoid about any movie or music review that had any reference to anything slightly offensive.

Movies and books are not reality. They can be a reflection of it, but they are not real.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Sort of the flaming right-wing way, too.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, Pube, this is a real right-wing view I hold about this issue.

What a dumbfuck you are.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

So, you admit that BT is correct... wow, that's sad.

The right-wing comment was referencing how you assholes are against the consensus of most issues.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That makes no sense. If this were remotely a right-wing view, it might. Wait -- no, it still wouldn't.

I think there's just one thing to say here, and it's been said:

Buh-bye.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

For more than 3 minutes this time?

9. No, the Mensa meeting's about to start.
    He's parking cars.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No chance of your vehicle being at something like that.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It borders on the astounding that no matter what the topic, it's likely you're going to be piping in on it DyePack, which is fine, considering it's a message board. The problem is, you immediately start hurling terms like fucktard and dumbfuck instead of actually arguing legit points.

I know I reeled off a string of insults to you recently, which I asolutely do NOT apologize for, but in retrospect, that's just not me. I'd rather be remembered for my diplomacy, not my antagonistic nature. I'd rather my arguments be accepted for their merit, not attacked simply because they come from a voice screaming and not offering any realistic solutions to problems.

And I know you're baited constantly by F_B, something I don't at all encourage, but the fact that you respond in kind makes it sound like nothing but junior high arguments.

It is possible someone has relevant experiences in these cases ... they may have been raped or maybe they are a professional actor ... and it's equally possible that you're not kept in the loop enough to know these things. It doesn't change the reality of the situation, and to argue it simply nullifies any argument you may make.

Try to make your point and leave the rhetoric out of it. Otherwise, you'll be viewed as a hate-spewing fanatic, not just on this board but in real life, as well.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Glad to see this is back. There's only one thing to say:

"It's a movie. It's NOT real!"

Draft saved Draft deleted