1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dakota Fanning to be raped on film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 21, 2006.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I just can't tell whether she's going to go the Jodie Foster route.

Or the Dana Plato route.

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Now, Duh-Kota, when you were raped on film, did it give you nightmares afterward? You're just a little girl...did you know what you were doing? Was it explained to you? Were there men watching?[/nancygracefucktardOFF]

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

That's better..

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why she couldn't just ride her cuteness for another six or nine years, let her at least reach the age of consent before you have her raped in a movie? The more I think about this, the madder I get. That blog poster on the UK blog had it right. someone's got to turn Ms. Fanning's parents in to DFCS, stat. And that agent of hers? cuisinart hysterectomy. Yesterday.

5. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Yeah, I can imagine the scene - Mr. and Mrs. Fanning are sitting at the breakfast table one morning. Mom is sipping her tripple mochalatte frapachino, with Yani playing in the background while Dad is smoking pot and thumbing through his latest edition of Dark Magic magazine.
    "Oh dear, I forgot,'' Mom says. "I meant to tell you, Dakota could get a part where she gets raped. What are your thoughts?"
    "SCORE!" Dad says pumping his fists. "LET'S DO IT!"
    "Great, I know she'll be elated," Mom says as she kisses hubby on the cheek.
    "Dakota, come down and eat your Fruit Loops,'' Mom screams. "We have to talk to you. Would you like a part where you could get raped? May get you an Oscar!"

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

We wholeheartedly approve.

-- John & Patsy Ramsey

7. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

BRILLIANT! Wish I thought of that one. ;D

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hate to burst people's bubbles here, but:

It's the movies. It's not real.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And our friend DyePack proves that, in cyberspace, there's always someone willing to defend anything. Even the simulated rape of preteens.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Yes it's the movies.  But the child is an actor and, as an actor will have to recreate a horrific event (even if it's simulated) and the attendant emotions.  What makes this girl special as an actor is that she doesn't rely on tricks.  She appears to be the real deal.  And this is not something 12 year old she be called on to summon up emotionally or physically.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I hope whoever named Snakes on a Plane doesn't get within a country mile of this movie.

Also: did everyone get old all of a sudden? What up with all the damned large print?

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Damn, HC!

I was listening to the actor commentary of Mystic River the other day, and Tim Robbins (I think) had this to say of the child molestation scene in it (paraphrased). "There's not reason to traumatize the child actor. It's far more disturbing to have it implied than to see it."

For those who haven't seen it, the molestation scene in MR consists of a 10-year-old or so boy huddled on a blanket saying "No, don't" with a looming shadow over him.

Draft saved Draft deleted