1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daimler AG: Chrysler worth $0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hardtop? Rubicon? Lift kit?

Details for a fellow Jeeper, please.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I wish. I have a $315 payment to make, like, tomorrow.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate my wife's Chrysler minivan. After all the fixes we've need to make in the first two years and 40K miles, I'll be happy to break 100K miles, have the thing paid off, and get rid of it. Only Toyotas from now on.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My parents are on their third Chrysler and I'm not sure why. They had a caravan back in the day, then bought a Sebring. The Sebring was a piece of junk (one of the outer door panels just plain fell off when the car was three years old) and, yet, when it was time to buy a new car, they went back for a third.

My mom bought a black 300, which is a beautiful car, but I'm guessing it's about three years before she's itching to buy a new one. And, being married to a guy who owned a truck longer than he had a son for the majority of said son's life, that causes tension. ::)

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It's just a 2008 Sahara, with the freedom top, and am now too tapped out money-wise at this point to add a lift kit or much else, but in good time. Still great off road, although I haven't had too many opportunities to really push it yet, kind of a product of the shift I work. Yourself?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2006 Sport version. Standard transmission, four-inch lift with 33-inch tires instead of the stock 31s. Swapped out the front bumper for something a little beefier with a radiator hoop and winch mount. Mounted a Hi-Lift jack on my rear bumper.

Of course, my Quadratec wish list is about four pages long.

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Chrysler is no real loss if it goes, but people will miss Jeep and Dodge. Dodge made some great trucks in the recent past. Even a few years ago, some of their trucks were considered best-in-class. And I know people who are extremely happy with their Jeeps, although I've seen some that didn't hold up well.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Jeep won't go anywhere; if Chrysler as we know it shuts down, someone will buy the brand.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Like GM. And the best thing about Jeeps is that you can buy better replacement parts from Quadratec than you can from the stealership.

Hell, for that matter you can buy enough aftermarket Jeep pieces from Quadratec that you can build your own not-officially-a-classic-Jeep from scratch.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Exactly.

As most people likely know, Jeep didn't start out as a Chrysler brand.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

And getting Jeep is the only reason Chrysler bought AMC back in the '80s. Looks like history could be repeating itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted