1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my car

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Re: Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my

I'm not defending the dad. I might sympathize with his emotions here but had he handled it better from the beginning, his daughter wouldn't have been skipping school to have sex and then lying about being raped out of mortal fear.

And I agree with Moddy 100 percent.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wfw.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pretty soon, everybody's gutwun.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone suggested it isn't the parents' business if a 15-year-old has sex with her 17-year-old boyfriend. Sounded to me like people were arguing it's none of the law's business in that particular example.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps you are correct.
    That law, though, is there for a reason. To protect kids who are physically ready but not mentally ready from those who should know better.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

Youreally believe there's that much of a difference between 15and 17?

Matador at 15 - Douchebag
    Matador at 17 - Douchebag with a driver's license.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

then you are way to close to being 17 if you can't figure out that a 15-year-old is way too young to have sex with anyone.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Seriously. When is a crime like this not a hate crime? Even if it was white on white or black on black or purple on purple. There's a hell of a lot of hate goin' on either way.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Re: Dad who beat up daughter's boyfriend: I would have dragged the kid behind my

A 15-year-old with a learner's permit can be in charge of a 5,000-pound vehicle which, if handled improperly, could kill her or someone else. But yes, she shouldn't be having sex. This is all so stupid it's insane. Kids that wanna have sex are gonna have sex. Just like kids who wanna try drugs or drink are gonna'. Push all the damn laws through and abstinence programs and whatever you choose.You might catch a few that are on the fence, but the ones who wanna be promiscuous are gonna and vice versa. We've pushed more anti-smoking legislation through in the past 15 years it could fill a room and we've more than doubled the price of cigarettes and I still see teenagers lighting up. More of government trying to push morality down our throats.

I went to Catholic school and public school in my high school education, and there were by far more sluts in catholic school than public. Blame the religion being jammed into their heads, blame the rigid rules, blame whatever. But it happened.

Wanna police this shit? Police it at home. Do I think 20-somethings should be banging 15 and 16-year-olds? No. But I've known many people where that was the case and their parents were so fucked up that they didnt give a shit that their daughter was dating someone nine years older than them (we all knew that girl in high school that went to the prom with her 24 year old "boyfriend," who somehow always managed to be in the military). Now, if the parents dont give enough of a shit to care, why are we pulling police off of what is probably real crime to police this stupid shit? If I have a drug gang doing drive-bys five blocks from where I live, I went them investigating that, not two teenagers fucking.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it's obvious you're closer to 15 than you are 30 both in real years and in your head.

11. So if your own parents don't give a damn, nobody should.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

... AND, we should give them all dumptrucks to drive, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted