1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dad kills his 15-year-old son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20091118/US.Father.Son.Slaying/

I could understand if the father of the 3-year-old did this, but I hope this guy goes away for the rest of his life.
    Whatever happened to calling the authorities and letting the system work?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nothing like executing your son on the front lawn

3. Smallpotatoes

After reading the Free Press' story, I think the guy may have also been the 3-year-old's father (it wasn't very clear from what I read, however).
    That could explain things, but there is no excuse for shooting your own son execution-style.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

He was mad because his son was being a perv, I guess. Still an extreme reaction.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

That's just a horrible, disturbing story all the way around.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the story refer to the 3-year-old as a half-sister or step-sister or something? It's not clear, no. Horrible story, obviously.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

How utterly sad.

8. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Not necessarily. At our paper, we are careful not to identify the victim of a sexual assault. If a person is charged with raping a relative, we will make sure not to say so. I.e., a person molests his daughter, we say only "Johnny Perve is charged with molesting a 5-year-old." Don't even say it's a family member.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fair point, but I didn't notice anything in the story that even hinted that the 3-year-old was also the child of the murderer.

Just horrible. I can't even imagine what is going through a man's mind to have him murder his own child.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I'm sick to my stomach now.

11. Smallpotatoes

I'm so sick of people who think their idea of justice is better than the courts'.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No way that was about justice. Maybe justice will be the asshole's excuse, but this was simply murder.

Draft saved Draft deleted