1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

D-Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lieslntx, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, my version of it, at least. Today I am officially divorced after over 18 years. And as a few of you on here know, I have come to see it as a celebration. To honor the day, I went online and officially changed the address on my Driver's License. Other than that, I plan to spend the rest of my day drinking from the safety of my home. Which means that you all good folks get to be my drinking buddies.

So, feel free to raise a cold one of whatever you might be drinking (or a hot one, if that is your preference) in my honor and toast my new-found freedom.

And feel free to ask me anything, since the assumption is that I wll be drunk in the near future. But know that some answers might have a slight "I hate men" twist.

I get to ask the first question. Why is it referred to as a Driver License and not Driver's License. Driver License just doesn't sound right.

Cheers!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I've always called it Driver's License myself. But maybe it's Driver License because it's a license for one driver?

Anyhoo, good luck, and enjoy your drinks.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

From one divorcee to another, congratulations!

Drink up!!

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

How convenient. My second batch of homebrew is ready today. I was looking for a reason to drink all 55 tonight.

Here's to you, Leisl! A l'independence!

5. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Some friends and I went out last week to celebrate a divorce. For some reason, I thought it would be a somber occassion. Instead, my friend Lisa was the life of the party.
    I'll raise one for ya, L.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

in my state its Driver's. I will raise a Leines in your honor.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Well, I guess this is another case of Texas just being "Texas."

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The 20-year-old kid just called me. She transferred her car into her name today from the ex's (that apparently was her symbolic gesture to celebrate.) However, it means that the college kid who is dependent on me, now has a net worth that is larger than mine. And all because of a shitty 7 year-old-car.

I'm going to start drinking faster now.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's driver license in Florida too. It should be driving license, like hunting license or fishing license.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's called a "driving licence" in the Fair Isles. And it's good till you're 70 years old.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hope it all works out for you, amiga. I'm imagining Bill Pullman doing his big speech in Independence Day.

Draft saved Draft deleted