1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cyber Monday >>>>>>>>> Black Friday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 26, 2012.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge Lenovo fan. I would recommend something from the Asus line, like the A53U if you can find it.

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

3. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

Sort of. Generally, if the seller is only located in Vermont, the seller does not have to collect Vermont sales tax on purchases sent out of state. The purchaser, however, will be liable for a use tax in most states, which just happens to be the same amount as the sales tax would have been if the item had been purchased at home. A number of states even have a line for this sneaky little tax on their personal income tax returns (because there is no way that any state is actually going to do use tax audits of individuals other than part of an income tax audit). If you live in one of these states you may want to think about at least putting a zero on that line rather than ignoring it. I couldn't help myself, this is kind of what I do for a living.*

*This post does not provide any legal advice or opinion, and is no substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney consulted in the relevant jurisdiction.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I do this every year. It's great and saves you a ton on shipping.

Draft saved Draft deleted