1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CVS presses workers for medical information

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Those stories leaked because someone doing the leaking wanted to feel like a big shot.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Anything and everything must be done to protect The Job Creators.

Shit, they don't want to provide health insurance AT ALL (and soon enough they won't) but in the meantime while they still have to, they will dump higher costs off on anyone with any conditions likely to make them, you know, actually NEED health insurance.

So buckle up fatties. Better skip that extra QPw Cheese because you'll need the extra five bucks for your health insurance premiums.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I know the size. What is the reputation?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yes. Our loving overlords care about our wellbeing and are going the extra mile to insure our health. Such kind people.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Of course. ... there is a large fanbase out there, which follows CVS' workers intently, and is itching to get its hands on various employees triglyceride levels. ... you know, to find out the salacious details that might reveal if Joe Stockroom has been skirting the drug store league rules that prohibit Sausage McMuffins and require everyone to hit a treadmill every day.

How did I miss that obvious parallel?

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Up next: Mandatory drug tests for all insurance users. Hey, you might be 5-10, 160 and seemingly the picture of health. But what if you have a nasty coke habit? We must know, since it will cost more to insure you.

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Not sure if you were working blue there, but private insurance has required drug testing for decades.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Your premise was that the company would not have access to their employees' private data. I was showing that, no matter how private the data is supposed to be, it can still get leaked out.

And in this case, it wouldn't be the customers who would be interested. It would be the company, who would look for any excuse to get rid of workers who will cost them more money for health costs.

And, if the company really wants to be fair (of course, they don't), they should release their CEO's and other top executives' health records to their workers, because the workers have a vested interest that the brass is in good health and capable of running the company. Right?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's not that "my premise is that the company would not have access."

The company has hired a third-party administrator, and has SAID it won't have access.

Of course the company could be lying. That is what my post -- the one you quoted -- said.

And I'll reiterate. ... does it seem likely that CVS is blatantly lying about its motivations and intentions, given the potential PR repercussions if it comes out that they lied?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To use a YF term, why should they worry about bad PR if it will save them money?

Draft saved Draft deleted