1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Customer service

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Johnny Dangerously: "Hi, I'm calling to find out why I haven't received my electric bill this month."

Customer service: "Let me check ... well, we mailed it. It must have gotten lost in the mail. Sometimes that happens. Your balance is ..."

JD: "Well, I thought perhaps you found the check I wrote in November and deposited in your night deposit drawer. I paid twice last month -- that time, plus another check for the same amount when you sent me the cut-off notice saying I hadn't paid. The check supposedly was never found. Well, I figured you found that check somewhere in your building this month and now I have a credit, so you didn't bill me this month."

CS: "No, we only received one payment from you last month."

JD: "Well, I certainly learned I should never use your night-drop. How it could get lost in there is beyond me. I mean, it's in the building once I let go of it, so how could it disappear?"

CS: "I don't know, sir, but your payment for this month is due today."

JD: "So, if I don't get it to you today I'll be shut off?"

CS: "No, sir. You have until the 27th, but after today you have a late fee."

JD: "I guess I can just mail it?"

CS: "I wouldn't recommend that. With Christmas, you might be risking it not getting here in time."

JD: "Are you open the rest of this week?"

CS: "Yes, until 4:30. We also have a night-deposit box if you want to do it that way after business hours."

JD: Speechless.

Draft saved Draft deleted