1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Custom-made shirts?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Jan 26, 2011.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

$150 a pop? Jesus. Make sure you get EXACTLY what you want.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

$150 for a dang shirt? you must not be a sports writer.

I was tickled the other day because K-Mart had some of last year's closeout dry fit golf shirts for $7.99. I bought two.

3. JackReacher

Marshalls is my go-to for work shirts. or TJ Maxx. Or Ross. Same difference, I guess.

Kohl's, too.

$150 a pop? I'll pass.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I am a sports writer.

I can't wear shirts from the places you guys are talking about. They fit terribly. Way too boxy.

I don't think $150 is too bad for something as important as a staple item of clothing.

I could say other people waste money on what they buy. I don't play video games, for example. I don't have a Smart Phone.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Ross is great. I get a lot of my stuff there. I recently bought a couple of new pairs of pants - Nautica and Dockers - for $14 each.

I'm just not a clothes horse. Beyond a leather jacket or maybe a pair of boots, I couldn't pay $150 for a single item of clothing.

6. JackReacher

Same here. I get angry when I have to spend more than $50 on shoes.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a custom suit. Apparently, I got some great deal and it was $600. My stepfather was buying a couple suits and I ended up getting it for about 40 percent of what it was priced at, but I still feel like I was ripped off. That just seems like some ungodly amount of $$$ to spend on clothes.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

This is an interesting conversation, because clothes are the one thing that I would spend $$$ on. You use your clothes every day, and you need them to be reliable. Like a car.

9. JackReacher

I can afford to buy clothes way more often than I can afford to buy a car.

Clothes are way low on my priority list. I buy new clothes like once every 8 months. Maybe.

To each his own.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, there's reliable and then there are $150 shirts. :D

11. JackReacher

Yeah. My rotation of 6-7 work shirts have been super reliable for going on a year or so now.

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Maybe you are lucky enough to find clothes that fit your body. I don't seem to be able to. They all billow out the back, or won't stay tucked, or are too tight somewhere and too big somewhere else.

I feel like every day is a battle against my shirts!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted