1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cursing in the newsroom

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Jun 2, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I once threw a floppy disk across the room, and the girl who was there at the time told me that she didn't appreciate my behavior. I adored her for that. I apologized. Nothing is that bad.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A newsroom without profanity is part of a parallel universe of which I want no part.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Fuck you and your proper grammar. I want motherfucking prepositions at the end of motherfucking sentences.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Good thing you didn't throw a floppy disk drive, that could have hurt someone.

I had a former SE who would throw chairs against the wall. And I've heard my present SE broke the remote to our TV chucking it against the wall.
    Of course, the way our newsroom is set up, we could throw all kinds of shit and it would only hit other sports guys and that doesn't matter.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nicely played, dicksnort. ;)

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

During the first year of my marriage, I threw a book at a wall during some petty argument. I don't think I've thrown anything since then, and that was eight years ago. Of course, I do beat the kids every now and then, usually at Memory, but sometimes at Candyland.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I still get really pissed and swear, but I gave up on throwing and punching things a couple of years ago. Having your knuckles swell up because you punched a wall really isn't worth it.

8. Clever username

The Roswell masturbator put a hole in the wall of the newsroom with a chair. And someone, maybe the masturbator, cracked the plastic casing of his computer, with a golf club I believe.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I once got called into the office by my chickenshit boss because another employee didn't like a nine-curse string one afternoon.

And my fuckstick boss was worse than me.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That's some funny shit.
    Why did he have his golf clubs in the newsroom?
    I saw someone punch a cubicle wall so hard it knocked it over and knocked a bunch of shit off of someone's desk. He had a hard time explaining that one.

11. Clever username

The club was a freebie some company sent. He was supposed to test it out, write about it and send it back. He never did any of that, so the newsroom had its own pitching wedge.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One night a few months ago, at my old stop, I started on one of my well-known rants of profanity, usually just me being ridiculous, nothing major.

"STOP IT!" a photog yelled.

He started yelling and saying how I was making it a hostile newsroom. This of course was the same guy who would let his dog run around the office at will on weekends and was known to drop a few F bombs of his own.

Cocksucker.

Nonetheless, I have tried to lessen my cursing, since it sometimes goes off the deep end.

Draft saved Draft deleted