1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Current TV dumps KO

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 30, 2012.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

They already have that show. It's called "Clubhouse Confidential" and Brian Kenny is doing a damn good job with it.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Indeed - - and one of the best shows was when Kenny had Olbermann as a guest.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ha! Having established my current career thanks in large part to a beachhead I established with Tony...I can concur.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I rode a ferry across the North Sea once called Reine Astrid. Never puked more in my life.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Current TV to be acquired by Al-Jazeera:

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/01/02/al-jazeera-said-to-be-acquiring-current-tv/?hp

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Al-Jazeera is a top-notch news gathering organization that rivals the BBC. I'm guessing the liberal slant will be kiboshed quickly.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Would be funny if they bring KO back, so we can say he works for Al-Jazeera.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

From Al Gore to Al Jezeera.

10. YankeeFan

The deal comes several months after Messrs. Gore and Hyatt, the two largest owners of Current TV, put the channel on the market.

Mr. Hyatt said they agreed to sell to al-Jazeera in part because "al-Jazeera was founded with the same goals we had for Current," including "to give voice to those whose voices are not typically heard" and "to speak truth to power." Other suitors who didn't share Current's ideology were rebuffed. Glenn Beck's The Blaze approached Current about buying the channel last year, but was told that "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view," according to a person familiar with the negotiations.

Launched in 2005, with a focus on user-generated content, Current has evolved in recent years into a left-leaning professionally produced outlet. But it has struggled to boost its ratings—parting ways with its most prominent host Keith Olbermann last March—and gain broad distribution. Current had 59 million subscribers in 2012, according to SNL Kagan, out of a total pay television universe of about 100 million households.

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424127887324374004578218043102095584.html

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Time Warner Cable already blocked the channel. Scary mooslims.

12. YankeeFan

Al-Jazeera: independent news organization or palace broadcaster?

Draft saved Draft deleted