1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cures for Hangovers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DEB, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Gatorade is a very good cure, or drink a lot of water while you are consuming those alcoholic beverages.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The eating early is a key. You don't feel like eating, but you have to get something in your stomach other than just fluids.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I just want the back story on the events that precipitated this 3 day hanger.

But if a cure proposal is required to obtain said info, I'd recommend a couple ice cold brews to make the edge go away

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The only way you are having a three-day hangover is if you drink insanely hard in the sun for a couple of days beforehand, or you haven't drank any water or Gatorade or eaten since the start of the three-day hangover.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Three days isn't a hangover. It's detox. :-\

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

that's effin hilarious. And sigworthy.

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The best cure is a pre-emptive strike. Good advice on slamming water and/or Gatorade after the alcohol. You absolutely must hydrate yourself before passing out.

I've tried that Chaser Plus a couple times because a co-worker swears by it. It takes the edge off, but you can still feel foggy in the morning. I've had the best results with the Chaser Plus and a lot of liquids.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Though I've not heard or seen the results of suicide on a hangover, but I'll guarantee it's the only fool-proof cure.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Wasn't this a bit from the old British comedy 'The Young Ones'?
    Vivian: What's good for a hangover?
    Mike: Drinking heavily the night before?

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ding, ding, ding!
    Gatorade or Powerade...and get something kind of bland and starchy in your stomach, like a burger with just meat and bread.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Water or a sports drink, and quite a bit of it. "Hangover" translates as "brain dehydrated due to overconsumption of alcohol," and there's only one cure for dehydration.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Big Mac, large fries and a supersized Coke.

Draft saved Draft deleted