1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cures for Hangovers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DEB, Jul 16, 2007.

1. DEB

DEB Member

I am new to the boards so I am not sure if this has already been a thread but a coworker needs a quick cure for a lingering three day hangover.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Whiskey.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I would have said a beer, but the point stands.

I find Gatorade to be quite effective as well, if not as fun.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Easy. Just don't stop drinking.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Meditate on the Cubs, Blackhawks, Lions and Clippers all being champions of their respective sports so hard that you create a warp in the space-time continuum. Then, go back in time and drink less the night before.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

A little hair of the dog always works. And lots of water.

I always liked a 20-piece McNugget with sweet and sour sauce when I'm hanging hard.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

A warm beer usually does the trick. I heard a Bloody Mary in the morning is a good cure, too.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Water and food.

The headache is caused from a lack of oxygen in the system. Water gives your system more O2. You should try to chug 1-2 glasses of water before passing out as well.

The stomache hurting is from nothing but booze in your stomache. You need to balance it out with bread and meat or some food of substance.

I have also heard people swear by this.

http://www.pedialyte.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

That's only for children's hangovers, man.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Alka Seltzer

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Three days? Damn. I've never heard of a three-day hangover, but something tells me it's another illness coming into play.

As for the hangover. Drink three glasses of water, one by one. Before each glass, take a Tylenol. Not Advil, not ibuprofen, not excedrin. Tylenol.

Continue to drink water. Go work out. Ride the bike, go hiking, go jogging, hit the gym. Something to get it out of your system.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

If there were a surefire cure for hangovers, 99 percent of Americans would get drunk every night.

Draft saved Draft deleted