1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Curb Your Enthusiasm returns tonite.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 9, 2007.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I read through this thread quickly, thinking "Just Tell Me You Love Me" was the title of the CYE episode. I had no idea it was a new show.

Although the thought of seeing more of Cheryl Hines was nice, the image of Larry David getting jerked off needs to leave immediately. :-X

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Actually, it was Jeff Garlin... ;D

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Ohhhh man....

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

LD was on Letterman last week, told a great story. His year at Saturday Nite Live, he only got one thing on the air. He was getting pretty pissed, started yelling at "the producer" (Had to be Lorne Michaels, right?) during a rehearsal and loudly quit in front of all. On way home, he started to figure out that he just cost himself a buncha money. Gets home, commiserates with dude who inspired Kramer. Guy tells him "Just go into work on Monday like nothing happened." LD did, and it worked. Funny, tho I don't do it justice.

5. Mizzougrad96

I don't think Michaels was there when David was...

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Remember when George Costanza pulled the same move?

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Here's Larry on Letterman ...

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

That's where it came from. David also said he was a bra salesman, which was also turned into a George storyline.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CYE is in my pantheon of all-time great shows.

Now, if only I had HBO.

For the last 2 seasons I've had to wait till the season series came out on DVD, which, I fear, I may have to do again. Sucks.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, for CYE- and Seinfeld-philes, pretty much all of David's stories were old and ones that have been heard before.

Of course, he's still funny as hell. The Curb opener was good and it is supposed to get even funnier in the next few episodes. I can't wait. Waiting these two years was tough.

11. Mizzougrad96

Or you can download them off the net... That's what I did for Weeds and Dexter last year... This year I broke down and got Showtime...

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Off YouTube?

Draft saved Draft deleted