1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crossroads

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Craig Sagers Tailor, May 30, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

More corporate buzzspeak: "Best practices." Good lord, do golf organizations love that term.

Anyway, Craig, I tend to agree with Hacker's point. I was fortunate to move from a mid-sized daily to an organization that was not too big. We have 12 full-time employees and two interns, along with a volunteer board of directors of about 20 or so. I think if I had jumped into a situation similar to yours, the other things I had to learn aside from the writing and editing aspect of my job (advertising, marketing, keeping budgets, etc.) would have been difficult. Maybe something in communications at a mid-size company would be the best route for you? Not sure exactly what you're looking for. I agree with those saying sports information is a tough place to be. It's as burnout as burnout gets, especially at the small school level. Though with most SID jobs you at least get a chance to go to school for free and get a Master's, if that's what you're into.

Draft saved Draft deleted