1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crocodile Hunter dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but let's be realistic, no one is going to remember Croc Hunter for being an activist.

He's the wacky dude who played chicken with alligators, etc., taking heat for dangling a newborn way to close to Wally Gator for comfort. Then, he took a one-in-a-million death shot from a stingray.

Obit over.

Callous? I guess, but to me, that's his legacy.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2006/0904irwin.asp

3. Bubbler

Holy shit! That stingray was God incarnate? What can't he do?

I knew smoting was in his wheelhouse, but water smoting? That's just showing off.

I'll bet he fucked with Aquaman too. "You can't control me bitch! I don't care how many whales and shit you get to push me around!"

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Was reading Australian newspapers today.

He was so influential and meaningful to the kids and tweens there that this death has been compared to JFK or Diana was to adults.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Heard on the radio (newsbreak) that his family is considering releasing the video because "that's what he'd have wanted."

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Why *would'nt* he have more influence than Diana? This guy had a lot more going on than some chick whose claim to fame was schtupping some tired, old, floppy-eared royalty.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

News organizations the world over will have multiple orgasms when this happens.

And before the elitists chime in:

Print, too.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Post of the day, IMO. "That's just showing off." Man, Bubbler, that just made me cackle. CACKLE. Excellent work.

9. KP

KP Active Member

The family has said thanks, but no thanks on the offers of a state funeral. His father said he was a "regular bloke" who wouldn't have wanted all this.

10. Bubbler

I think the comparison is interesting. NEITHER of them were earth shakers. Diana hated land mines, and, uh, was envied/beloved for being at the tip of the glamour mountain as a princess, Croc Hunter loved animals and expressed his love by playing chicken with them. What groundbreaking noble ideals those all are. OWNED, St. Thomas of Assisi, Martin Luther, and Gandhi! ::)

I mean, I cannot even believe the words "state funeral" and "Crocodile Hunter" are being used in the same sentence. What the hell? Who slipped me the acid and why is it producing THAT hallucination? There's no peyote any Aborigine could slip me that could replicate that.

The standard of state funerals must really suck in Australia. If he gets one, you better damn believe I'm writing my Aussie congressman to demand that Angus Young, Rick Springfield, Colin Hay from Men At Work, the Oi! Energizer guy, Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil, ex-Chargers punter Darren Bennett, ex-Brewers Dave Nilsson and Grahame Lloyd, along with Captain Feathersword, Henry the Octopus, Wags The Dog, Dorothy the Dinosaur, and 3/4 of the Wiggles (fuck Greg, he's a camera-hogging glory hound) lie in state at the Sydney Opera House for a week apiece.

Good God, does that mean Johnny Knoxville, the Duke boys, and Evel Knievel should price the Capital Rotunda state funeral rate for when they go to that foolhardy, bus jumpin'-like stunt pad in the sky? How 'bout Jack Hanna? He's one pissed off marmont away from spending eternity in the dirt green room.

I mean, Evel wanted to spread the Gospel of peace, love, unbuttoned sequined jump suits, brainless one-sentence faux-bad ass declarations, rocket cycles, horrid late 70s movies, EST, and the healing powers of jumping 20 school buses in front of a cranked out audience pining for the day when WWE Raw completed their lives.

Sorry, I'm fully aware I've long ago crossed the line into full-on dick mode on this issue.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How can you list all those famous Australians and not mention the two frontmen in Air Supply?
    Or not mention Kasey Chambers?

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Peter Garrett would probably get a state funeral because he's actually a member of the Australian Parliament now.

Draft saved Draft deleted