1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cris Carter urged NFL rookies to have a “fall guy”

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not a journalist.

Pathetic.

Exhibit A for the access tirades I'm known to go on.

cjericho and YankeeFan like this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Beyond pathetic. No one in the media carries the NFL's lunchbox like MMQB.

3. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

So we have Klemko and the "fall guy", after PK and carrying Goodell's water on the Rice elevator tape.

They are fucking jokes. Getting pounded on Twitter, and rightfully so. I hope SI isn't paying all of their salary - if they are going to be NFL mouthpieces/protectors, they should be paid by the league, too.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Klemko should have had a fall guy before he smacked that cabbie. I guess Bedard and Jenny Vrentas weren't down with that.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Can someone ask for examples (besides Ray Lewis) of the crew member going to jail for the NFL player?

6. LongTimeListener

Beyond that, I wonder if Carter was aware that he was speaking mostly to second-round or below picks, who don't have enough money to take care of mama's house let alone staff an entire posse. Even Bridgewater who was on stage with him -- I mean, the guy could decide to blow his money on hangers-on if he wants, but it will run out pretty fast if he does that. He got 4 years/$6.85M -- which is about 4/$4M after taxes -- and that isn't exactly Bling City.

Stoney likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tom Verducci gets paid by the league he covers for SI.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There's gonna be troubllllle

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This presumes we'd know about the times it's happened, which ain't necessarily the case if the crew member taking the bullet is steadfast about keeping the player's name out of it.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

11. LongTimeListener

Before the shit hit the fan, a couple of years ago Aldon Smith was a "passenger" in a car that ran off the road on the way back to his house.

I'd be very surprised if that was how it really went down.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That video was something else.

CC kept saying crew and couldn't help but think of Henry Hill. *He* knew how to inflect the word crew.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted