1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cris Carter urged NFL rookies to have a “fall guy”

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Then they're not very good reporters since the symposium video was posted online. All they had to do was look it up and watch it.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, those guys aren't very good reporters. Haven't done anything of note, probably.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I heard Plaxico Burress had a shot at it.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Maybe they were going the Goofus and Gallant route. Only with Goofus and Goofus.

cjericho likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All they had to do was watch the video. Apparently someone else did.

Just sayin'.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've said it on here quite a bit on anything CC related.

What an awful teammate and a true locker room cancer.

Covered Carter's last six years in Minnesota. Holy buckets he was a terrible teammate. I always likened him as a receiving version of Ernie McCracken. On the national airwaves, he's polished and thoughtful. Once the cameras and mics of the media are off, he returns to a 19 year old man with 25k in his pocket in Las Vegas. The CC we heard in that NFL symposium was the CC in the locker room once the interviews were over.

Carter always made his QBs his on-field fall guy. For all of the talk about Randy Moss, I always had the sense, watching up close, that he wanted to win and didn't care about his stats. Carter was all stats, give me the ball.

Between the 98 and 00 NFC title meltdowns, watch Carter run for the hills in both games when it turned bad.

Was never a leader. Strictly a compiler.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

How many receivers are leaders? It was Carters fault that Anderson blew a 38 yarder against the Falcons?

He may be an asshole and a fraud as a person but he was hell of a receiver and hardly different than most of the prim donnas that play the position.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If he lives to 126 maybe. What is funny is that happened when Taggy Boo was commissioner. Not sure why most in the media loved that guy so much. Guess at the congressional hearings he had everyone believe there was no ped problem in the NFL because the NFL started testing for steroids before MLB did.

9. cjericho

That was a huge choke and everyone says wide right whenever Norwood's name is mentioned. Anderson misses a 38-yarder in a f'n dome. That is choking.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm stunned that a guy who has been a punk-ass bitch dating back to his Ohio State days would give that kind of advice...

11. cjericho

Maybe CC will apologize to the NFL rookies and fans like he did to the OSU fans at his 'emotional' HOF induction.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Difference is Carter constantly sold himself in media as a leader, as a mentor to younger teammates.

Draft saved Draft deleted