1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crime 360 and The First 48

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 30, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.aetv.com/crime-360/

http://www.aetv.com/the_first_48/

Is anyone else burning up their DVRs with these shows?

Fascinating television, and also a very grim window into some parts of America.

My wife is a type of home health provider, and she recognizes some of the locations when 360 hits Richmond.

Gilpin Court!!!

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't have a DVR, but I adore the First 48. I am unable to change the channel when it's on.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Owning a portable massage table does not count.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Big fan of the First 48, but I only caught a few minutes of Crime 360 last night. Looks too digital for me. I prefer the rawness of the First 48. The worst is when the dead body is laying on its stomach; proving once and for all that you indeed drop a deuce when you die. Unfortunately, I'll never be able to erase that image from my brain.

5. 93Devil

The happy endings only come at home. :)

6. 93Devil

360 is pretty gritty.

What just astounds me is how different a "don't snitch" community is from the one hopefully most of us call home.

Forget the price of gas, housing market, Iraq or any other crap. Until we start lifting all of these communities to a higher level, or to a level where a law abiding person can live, then I really do not know where we are heading as a country.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So to speak.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm always amazed at how much access the camera crews get on First 48. "Hey, do you mind if we tape while they tell you your son was stabbed to death?"

9. 93Devil

I feel the same way about Cops.

I guess some people just want to be on TV.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I can't get into the computer-generation of Crime. I wish they would just leave it, but then you would have another First 48, just in another city. I wish First 48 would go into new cities. They seem to have like 5 or 6 on rotation (Memphis, Miami, Dallas, Detroit, Cincy). There are other cities (Boston, Baltimore, East Saint Lou, D.C.) where a lot of F***ed up stuff happens.

11. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

The First 48 is my favorite show on TV, hands down. It is one that I pray A&E doesn't do something stupid and move it to like 11 p.m. on Mondays or something.

Det. John Palmer from Dallas and Sgt. Tony Mullins from Memphis are badasses.

12. Anyone who enjoys The First 48 should read David Simon's Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets.

Draft saved Draft deleted