1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

creepy airport people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Jul 13, 2006.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

So I'm sitting in my local airport getting ready to fly to see Doc and his family and realized how creepy people around the airport are.  I am not talking about the people who work for the airlines; although, they can be creepy.  I am talking about the people who are waiting for the same flight as me.

There is always that one person who is walking around and talking so loud on his cell phone that I just keep wondering if he realizes how annoying he's being.  Or the lady with the crying baby who is getting on the same flight as me.  I am NOT looking forward to two hours of the crying baby. 

So on my particular flight, there is a group of three men who are sitting apart from each other, but are obviously together.  This is especially apparent when one of them walks up and talks to the other two who are only sitting a row from each other in the terminal.  It's really creepy when they appear as though they are trying to be inconspicuous but aren't at all.  The walky-talkies creep me out a little, too.

Anyone else experience the really creepy airport people or am I just at a sketchy airport.

2. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

Last week, this lady decided she wanted to play DJ for everyone waiting at the gate. She was playing music on her laptop as loud as possible. Then she started singing along with the music. Everyone just looked at her, but no one said a thing. She looked so stupid. Then on my flight some fat ass goes to sleep and snores the entire trip. Even his wife was pissed, but she didn't say a thing. Neither did anyone else.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Are we, as polite humans, afraid to tell these people they are annoying as fuck? I don't think people understand just how socially inept they are. I wish they could. I am seriously watching this woman feed her baby with a bottle of water. I hate stupid people :).

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Airline people may be creepy, but nothing is worse than bus people. I took a bus from Pittsburgh to NYC this summer and that was a very strange trip to say the least. One guy asked me for money because he wanted something to eat since he had just had surgery, he wanted to show me his scars to prove it, I said no thanks to both seeing the scars and giving money.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

:-X

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Keeping your mouth shut is a smart thing for you to do right now. I hate myself when I'm stupid, too. I'm a non-discriminatory hater. :)

On another note, one of the said creepy guys just made some comment like, "Does anyone want to use the phone to call anyone in case we crash?" Then three minutes later said, "I didn't say I'm ready to die. I said I wasn't worried about dying." I LOVE hearing things like that. It makes the pit of my stomach drop because he's so creepy!

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

My mom says there's always one weird person on the bus. I never see him. [/Emo Phillips]

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Damn it, man, I was tired. And she wasn't my wife.

9. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I took a 24-hour flight from Johannesburg, South Africa to Atlanta earlier this summer.
    Man, the symphony/cacaphony of snoring techniques around me was probably worth pulling out my tape recorder for. It was absolutely hysterical.

Nothing a lil' ol' sleeping didn't quickly drown out. So if I snored, too, I didn't give a crap.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I am those creepy people... remember that

11. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

i didn't experience any of those things on my recent flight from JFK to LAX. I sat next to a guy in the terminal at LAX that looked like Bill Walton..

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

On the way back from my honeymoon - we were flying from San Diego to Portland, Ore., - we got bumped to first class when the lady found out we were on our honeymoon and sitting across the aisle from me was Bill Walton. I felt this intense need to talk to him and noticed he was reading like 7 newspapers. So, since I had been on my honeymoon and my wife tried as hard as possible to not allow me to read the sports pages while we were gone, I really wanted to read a N.Y. paper. I leaned over and asked Bill if I could borrow his N.Y. Times and he looks at me for a second and says sure. About 25 seconds later he said, "Don't throw away that business section, I haven't read it yet." Now, it is hard to show inflection on a message board, but Bill was pissed. I am sitting there thinking there is no way I was going to throw away any of it, I just couldn't think of anything to ask him so I asked to borrow a paper.
    Anyway, I eventually finish and hand it back to him and all he does is give me a dirty look.
    Oh by the way, he was wearing a ty-dye (sp.?) shirt, which summed him up well. And when we got to Portland, I was very amazed that he seemed to know everyone's name - be it the janitor near the bathroom or the workers for the airline.

Draft saved Draft deleted