1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Credit Card Companies Suck, Part Infinity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by McPoyle, Oct 20, 2009.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

My former bank did this. Which is why it's my former bank.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

There's also that whole whoring your body out option, you know.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Doesn't pay as well as you'd think, unless you go rogue. Pimps take a big cut.

The drugs are free, though.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They ain't free, baby.

But the smooth talk is.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33388210/ns/business-consumer_news/

6. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

That should be illegal. Heck, even before the new 45-day law, it was 15 days. Unbelievable.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And such.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Rogue's the only way I roll.

And drugs are perennially overrated.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Music to my ears.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't prefer to operate the way you do. The problem is that by a) being young and financially irresponsible and/or b) needing a credit card in an emergency you haven't prepared for, almost everybody ends up with a credit card balance.

The problem comes in paying it back, which involves not only living within your means but living far enough below your means to pay back the cards faster than they can charge you interest. That's what's tough. I think most people would tell you that if their credit card debt magically disappeared, they could go forward living within their means (how many would actually have the discipline to do it is another issue).

Tyler Durden had the right idea. Everyone goes back to zero and starts over.

11. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I got my 29.9% notice from Best Buy a couple days ago.

Two good things. I'm close to paying off one credit card, and this is the next one to pay off. Second, I have crappy credit. This is not a reach. By the time I start paying off next year, I'll be down a whole twenty bucks. It was worth the iPod I needed replacing for work.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The people running Citi need to die in the most horribly painful way possible. They're fucking parasites.

Draft saved Draft deleted