1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crazy bastards you work with

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

So there is this guy at work who is like nuts, but super smart and probably a genius. This bastard paces the halls between editions and counts his steps -- I know because you can hear him. He is always mumbling to himself like Rainman and is just freaking weird, but not in a scary, bring-a-gun-to-work way. A guy I work with is on the crapper today and the crazy bastard shuffles into the men's room mumbling, blows his nose very loudly and then clearly says "There ya go Jim." He then blows his nose again and again says, not mumbling at all, but at normal conversing level "There ya go Jim." One other time he came in the crapper and laughed out loud to himself and stated "A calculator is for calculating -- heh heh." One time I was doing my business in the restroom and he came in, paced around, stopped and said "What's goin ooonnnn," and stretched it out Barry White-style, then just walked out. Now he is not talking to whoever is in there, he is just saying things to himself. HE IS WEIRD!

So, who else has a crazy loon in the newsroom that wants to share stories.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think I roomed with your boy once.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

An ad guy once touched my face in the newsroom because, he said, "I just wanted to touch your whiskers."

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Everybody works with someone who's a pain in the ass, someone who's like Dwight K. Schrute and maybe even someone who's kinda crazy, but I doubt anyone's going to top what you just posted. Yikes.

Oh, and I may co-opt "There ya go, Jim" for just about any situation in life.

5. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Go ahead. There ya go Jim.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Well, there was the guy I worked with for seven years and refused to shower in the summertime. Even though it was 35C for days on end ... I always thought he was a bit off. Super tense guy. Always figured he'd walk in one day and go postal.

7. Songbird

35C?

Oh, that's right ....

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Um ... um ... um ... she said quickly loading up onlineconversion.com ... 95!!!

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Did he smell?  Did he use some kind of odor masking agent?

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh no, you could smell this guy from about 15 ft. away. We complained and complained and complained. But he wouldn't change his ways for nothing. Apparently staff there before I arrived would leave soap on his keyboard. And yet nothing.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How did people stand themselves (and everyone else) in the days when people didn't bathe regularly? I mean, colonial times must have stunk. Or back when people bathed 2 or 3 times in THEIR ENTIRE LIVES?? :-X

12. Songbird

Like this guy?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted