1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Craig James for Senate 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Dec 13, 2011.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

We already saw what happens when a man who barely understands baseball runs government. What's the worst that could happen?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Texas has an interesting mix of wacky politicians.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

He's got the smarmy part of being a politician down to an art.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

One of his opponents will be a little-known member of the Gambini family... Ben Gambini.

One can only hope...

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Another dumbfuck 1% teabagger with personal ethics to match.

Long experience with accepting graft and bribes all the way back to his playing days, so he should fit in fine.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe you meant World War I? Eisenhower coached St. Louis College (now St. Mary's University) while stationed in 1916. But after that, he was pretty much established in the military.

Plus, Army hired Red Blaik in 1941. It would have been rather strange to hire a coach who hadn't coached in 25 years.

7. W was probably smart enough to get his fantasy football teams out of the first round of the playoffs though

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Living in the Collinfederacy, Craig would've done better running for a state Senate seat. He might actually have a prayer.

But here deep in the hearta', the old line rules statewide, and the nouveau baggers are restricted to a tiny enclave around Lake Jackson.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

James is a conservative Republican in a conservative Republican state. OK, that makes sense. But it's also a state full of people who love football and watch a lot of it on TV. And I have yet to meet a football fan from anywhere who didn't loathe James with a white-hot passion. So I don't fancy his chances.

10. Bump...

The truth is starting to trickle out James' mouth ...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/smu-mustangs/20120112-craig-james-admits-taking-insignificant-gifts-from-boosters-while-playing-at-smu1.ece

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

By "insignificant" I assume he means "Way less than Eric got."

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Shit, Eric had to take a pay cut when he went to the NFL.

Draft saved Draft deleted