1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd made me throw up...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Mrs. Editude listens as she goes to work, but I'm not a fan. Hammers his few themes and comes across like a guy who has to rationalize his existence without being asked.

2. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

He actually said today that "without rash generalizations I'm have no act." Even his staff took him to task. The guy is pitiful and contradictory and he sounds like a frightened little girl when he gets excited.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

When he started, I liked Cowherd, and was happy to see Tony and his "old guy radio" go. But Cowherd is a condescending prick. I'll give him that he knows his college football, but he's such a jerk it makes him almost unlistenable. Any caller that disagrees with him gets an "Oh, you're just a powerwasher of cars, what do you know?" or something similar. He's a fucktwit.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Agreed on the fucktwit comment.

Although Patrick is getting just as bad to listen to.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

Cowherd is a blowhard. College football is the only thing he really knows, and he blows that all out of proportion - it's minor league football, Colin. The way he gets all hyped and excited reminds me of Mike Lupica.

6. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I thought he was fairly knowledgeable about college football, too. But after hearing him go on about Weis' media friendliness, I've changed my mind.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A dying industry, yup . . .

Unfortunately . . . on-the-air whoring and sucking is a thriving industry.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We also have the national media to thank for the perception that Coach K and JoePa are media friendly...

The beat writers will gladly tell you what assholes the guys really are...

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I think Weiss is following the Krzyzewski media model. When a national media outlet asks him for access, it's granted almost immediately. Local outlets are set aside and must wait in the offseason for his ONE annual media access press conference.

I think Weiss gave Cowherd some ND gear that probably helps the perception in the "mind" of Cowherd.

His sarcasm in his criticism of hockey really pisses me off.

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Patrick has turned into a caricature with no co-host ... he's like that guy Elaine dated in Seinfeld who asks questions and then answers them himself. Except it's a whole radio show.

"Do we cover T.O. too much? Well, yes, we probably do. Should we stop? Well, if the people want it. What would be the alternative? Taking a fucking caller or maybe getting a co-host again."

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Cowherd has arguments with himself as well.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Certainly not going to defend Cowherd ... but that is a preposterous statement.

Draft saved Draft deleted