1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd made me throw up...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, Oct 27, 2006.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

...by saying today that Weis is a great fit at Notre Dame because he's so media friendly.

He said it. He really did.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As media friendly as his doppelganger Bill Parcells.

Maybe he means he offers good quotes while disparaging others. As long as it's not you I'm sure it's a laff-riot.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If by media friendly he means a controlling asshole, yes. He is.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Charlie is really channeling Parcells, then he's the beat writer's nightmare, the visiting beat writer's friend, the national writer's sweetheart, and a columnist's delight. I'm not at ND, but is that about how he's handling things?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's surprising to me Cowherd can even speak intelligibly with Weis's FUPA smothering his face 24/7/365.

Dude, give us a break. The slurping noises DON'T make for good radio.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Now, now. That's thing on Charlie's front is known as a gunt.....

7. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

I can think of a lot of coaches who fit that description.

8. I thought it was FOPA??

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

By the way, doesn't Gunt-boy look like Parcells without a horrendous dye job?

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'll defend coach parcells on one issue:

his pressers, four times a week, are as good as they get.

unfortunately, none of his disciples carry that off nearly as well. although surprisingly, belichick has come along nicely.

the disciples cut off access to assistants, close practices, etc., but then compound it by being AWFUL as the "one voice." at least parcells fills your notebook with quotable stuff.

11. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I hated when TK's morning show left the ESPN lineup, and it was replaced by this dreck.

But I've tried to give Cowherd a chance. And since he had me on Spanning the Globe a few times, admittedly, I wanted to cut him some slack.

But his show sucks. It does. He wants to be edgy, and isn't. He was going on his anti-newspaper rant today. A dying industry, etc. Tell us something we don't know.

I do like Dan Patrick's hour with Olbermann, however. And Countdown, of course.

STFU Colin.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hasn't Cowherd been losing ESPN affiliates lately? I know ESPN's NYC outlet has dropped him, but I thought I'd seen where a few more big markets had as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted