1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowher quitting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Any chance the Steelers lure native Pittsburgher Marvin Lewis away from the Bengals?

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

LOL... The Steelers way.... to hamstring the coach by not re-signing any proven player.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Chuck Noll from 1969-1991; Bill Cowher from 1992-present. It's amazing that only two men have coached that team in my lifetime (born in 1975).

Of course, the Steelers are still outdone in the state by JoePA and Penn State.

4. MileHigh - Cowher got 'One for the Thumb', anything he does after the win in Detroit does not matter to them.

Inky - No one in Pittsburgh will have a stomach for a football coach who allowed his players the same amount of visits to jail as wins. He lost control in Cincy and I doubt he'll ever recoup his image.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Please, don't confuse them for the Patriots. They're not that cold-hearted a franchise.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, so hamstrung that the Steelers have been to 6 AFC Championship games since 1994.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I concede, as a fanboy looser, I was wildly speculating.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

1) Cowher may end up the new Dolphins coach.
    2) The Steelers job will be Russ Grimm's, unless he does the improbable and somehow screws it up.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hadn't heard the divorce/mistress rumors. Of course, few in Pittsburgh were willing to chase such a story if it were true because Cowher has been deity.

Still think Whiz gets the job.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

They were the Pats before the Pats were regarding frugality.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I love this stat: From 1969-2006, the Steelers had more home stadiums than head coaches.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I know a guy that has college and NFL coaching experience, has a great resume when it comes to working with and devloping quarterbacks and already has ties to the Pittsburgh area.

Ohhh yeah, baby!
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted