1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys fans slugs Skins fans ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 16, 2009.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You haven't been through Pittsburgh in April, have you?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Both guys were wrong, both guys escalated beyond what it needed to be, and there's nothing wrong with flying a flag of a team you root for.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

But it is kind of rude

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

But why should someone's home be the limitation? The man's car got vandalized.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

News flash: NO ONE deserves to have his or her property vandalized unless you're Bernie Madoff and it's one of your 274,856 homes. What if it had been a Cowboys bumper sticker and the Redskins fan had ripped it off the car? Would you say the Cowboys fan was justified THEN?

You don't go and vandalize other people's property without expecting to pay some kind of price for it. If not now, if not tomorrow, karma will bite you in the ass. It's a big, ugly bitch and it's always having puppies.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OOP in principle you are right, all I'm saying is if you do something stupid don't be surprised that someone punches you out. I'm not saying it's right but I can see why it happened.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Please. The flag got ripped off. Nobody smashed a window, slashed tires or even keyed his door.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Both sides are idiotic. But whoever ripped the flag off showed absolutely no self-restraint.

A flag? A freaking flag? Would this guy have ripped off a bumper sticker? A team T-shirt or jersey off the guy's back?

I mean, it's his car. Doesn't mean it's classy, but please ... have we completely lost the ability to show respect to one another?

OK, done. Much better.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, there is no doubt the guy who ripped the flag off behaved like a jackass. It doesn't excuse assault, but I know I would have to fight the urge to knock him on his ass, too.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

He shouldn't have hit him. He should have run him over with his car. Damn Redskins fan.

Draft saved Draft deleted