1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys cut Idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Nov 27, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I've seen him kick for D-3 Buena Vista in NW Iowa. They were in my alma mater's conference. Dude has a leg and how he was able to nail FG's at BV's field is astounding.

BV's football field is situated north of Storm Lake (the lake, that is. The town the campus is in is called Storm Lake). I was setting up the camera to film the game during pregame and it was pretty windy. That was an understatement. The south goal post, with the lake directly behind it, was physically shaking back and forth like a flag. My jaw dropped and I turned to one of the BV guys and asked him has that happened before. He said "yeah, that's why no one wants to kick a FG at that end of the stadium."

Martinez was money for the Beavers and it was only a matter of time before he got a chance to prove his mettle somewhere.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1121/1464289.html

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Any word on where Vanderjagt is going to sign?

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

As a Colts fan, this is what I'll always remember:
    Tony Dungy: "He missed it."
    Peyton Manning: "He missed." (Looks disgusted)

Ah, karma. It's a good thing.

5. carrie

carrie Active Member

Angola - as of yesterday, he had put his house in Dallas on the market, cancelled a charity event and was in the process of heading back to Canada.

He said he hoped to be back in the league again next season.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I honestly never thought I'd see the day when an NFL coach - let alone Parcells - would say "I thought he was the best option available." about Martin Gramatica.

The Tuna may pull a Northern Colorado punter before the season's out.

7. carrie

carrie Active Member

I'm holding out hope that some team dumps a semi-decent kicker in favor of Vandershank, then the Cowboys would have a viable option.

Then again, I'm just happy little Billy Cundiff was on a roster.

8. stevenash

stevenash Member

i can't wait for Gramatica to go nuts on an extra point and then break his leg from celebrating again. ;D

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Wrong kick, wrong injury, wrong Gramatica.

Other than that, you're golden.

10. stevenash

stevenash Member

yea my bad, but maybe it runs in the last name??

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It did, but after Bill killed his career doing it, Martin and Santiago toned it down a bit.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Any way we can talk him out of retirement? How old is he?

Draft saved Draft deleted