1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboy without a horse

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

He wore a flight suit, but he was never in combat. He talks about uniting, but he divides. He says he's making us safer, but he makes us less safe. And now...

He acts like a cowboy, yet he's afraid of horses. From TPM:

Here's another fun detail from Vicente Fox's upcoming autobiography: He says that despite President Bush's cowboy image, the man is actually scared of horses.

Fox tells the story of the two men meeting in Mexico in early 2001, in which he invited Bush to ride a large horse. Bush nervously backed away. "A horse lover can always tell when others don't share our passion," Fox wrote.

Fun fact: Bush's Crawford ranch, purchased in 1999 in order to help create a down-home image for his presidential campaign, does not have any horses.

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/09/vicente_fox_cowboy_bush_is_scared_of_horses.php

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I never have thought he acted like a cowboy. He has acted like a rancher, which is something completely different.

Even then, however, you could say he's "all hat and no cattle."

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cowboy up, Mr. President!

4. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I don't like horses either.
    But I'm perfectly comfortable around cattle, having worked them and such.

5. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

When the history books write about Dubya, it's gonna make Jimmy Carter look like a statesman.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How could George Bush ride a horse, when he spent every available moment licking Vicente Fox's boots?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I wish you and I would be here to make a wager on that.

I cannot imagine anything the history books will have to say that's good about Mr. Peanut, except that his failures helped lead to the Reagan Revolution.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Thanks in part to Dubya, the Reagan Revolution is starting to look more like just a flash in the pan.

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Can't argue with that.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Liberal urbanites who have referred to W as a "cowboy" or "redneck" must shoulder part of the blame for the "Bush is a Cowboy" myth. He's obviously a prep-school douche posing as John Wayne, but all those editorial cartoons depicting W with a cowboy hat and boots just played into the Republicans' attempt to give Bush credibility with the rural Wal-Mart crowd and the Brooks-and-Dunn-listening-suburban-wannabe-cowboy demographic.

W's "ranch" is like Hedwig wearing a dildo.

As for Carter, he started the "Reagan Revolution" with his supply-side economic policies, but don't let facts get in the way of the endless fellating of Reagan's corpse.

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

You're right. He's frightened of horses and more of a rancher:

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted