1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowbell for dinner

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by friend of the friendless, Mar 10, 2008.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

The Significant Other, aka The Best Friend of FotF, is having her book launch tonight. Her book is (in Canada) Carnivore Chic: From Pasture to Plate, the Search for the Perfect Meat.

I can't invite anybody--Penguin is looking after the invitations. But the site of the launch got me thinking. The launch is in a new-age steakhouse called Cowbell.

I'm just wondering which poster's name would make this least mouth-watering name for a restaurant.

YD&OHS, etc

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Best of luck to The Significant Other, Mr. Friend O', but this joint can't compare to the Paddock.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

We have a winner!

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Cowbell is a bad name for a steakhouse. Hits you between the eyes that you're dining on the family cow.

Do they have photos of the slaughterhouse on the walls?

"Boots" would be a great name for a steakhouse.

One problem, the front door is the back door.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mr. F

Congrats to SB on her new book. Saw the excerpt in The Globe.

HC & I were just talking about Cowbell the other day--it's out in our neck of the woods. TO Life had a review/profile.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Actually, that IS the point of the restaurant.They want you to know where the animal that you're eating came from. Hence, the name of the book "Carnivore Chic" .

http://www.torontolife.com/features/have-cow/

It all started innocently enough, with dinner at Cowbell, the unassuming restaurant in Parkdale. The waiter had given us a rundown of the chalkboard menu, which famously lists farmers along with their produce. He told us how the Lake Erie perch had been caught. Where the chicken had been raised. What the steak had once eaten. “Do you want to tell us his name, too?” joked my dinner companion. “George,” deadpanned the waiter, without skipping a beat.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To each his own. I prefer my victims to be anonymous.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I've already put my name on the waiting list for George's kidney and liver. :)

11. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Ace's Steakhouse
    69 Herbert St
    Bowen QLD 4805
    Telephone: (07) 4786 1006

Just sayin'

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Our motto is: "You don't wanna know what you're eatin."

Draft saved Draft deleted