1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1. Insightful story on a quad of beat writers for the UConn Huskies.

Geno Auriemma sounds like a pretty good guy to work with. These guys developed a lot of trust and got a lot of access that has been lost or eroded in other venues, for various reasons.

http://www.newsweek.com/four-sportswriters-uconns-coach-geno-auriemma-443950

Loved the ending ...

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. Thought it was a great story.

Strikes me as similar to stories I heard about beat reporting in the 70s or 80s

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I liked that article. You know, it's just possible that ol' Geno is going to be liked more than hated before it's all over.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The only thing bad I've heard about Geno is that he takes losing very hard, but maybe that was a while back. He's been quite pleasant the last few years while deflecting all the questions about his team's current dynasty.

5. jr/shotglass

We don't have a reference point on his post-loss demeanor lately. ;)

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You ain't kiddin. lol

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Now I know which guys he felt were old enough to question him when he blasted that student reporter on national TV many years back.

8. jr/shotglass

Had I been there, I would have had your back, Jimmy. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted