1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cover songs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

enter sandman cover - YouTube

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The intro is so long, even Mike Hargrove can get ready to hit before it's over.;)

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I still like the original version best, especially the way Elvis does the "dontchaknowuhhhhh...." I really like Dwight's interpretation, aside from the "We can't hold on together" part being too rushed.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

For the longest time, I didn't think Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" could or should be covered. But this version changed my mind.

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

The closest I can think of to an untouchable song to cover would be In My Life. Charles Kuralt won my everlasting devotion when he played it at the end of his tribute to John Lennon on the CBS morning show the day after he died.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

John Eddie does a kick-ass version of Suspicious Minds. On this night in '94 he was joined by Bruce Springsteen, Greg Kihn, Elliot Murphy and Marshall Crenshaw. (Audio only)

Draft saved Draft deleted