1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Court papers: Gotti neighbor was dissolved in acid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So you're saying accident or not, dead is dead?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But those are movies, and although I'm sure they had advisers, it's not reality.

Just like Firebirds, Top Gun and Full Metal Jacket weren't reality. Great movies and stories, but miles from reality.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Found this Seattle Times article. Doesn't flat out say that wives and kids don't get wacked, but I found the quote about "If she was just the little woman, she wouldn't have gotten killed." interesting.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19960512&slug=2328809

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Buncha sick fucks...

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck off, Gotti.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed they shot the guy BEFORE dissolving him in the acid.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

From what I've read, the setting sun was in John Favara's eyes when Frank Gotti son popped out in front of the car. There was no way Favara could have avoided Gotti's son.

As a rising star in the Gambino family at the time, Gotti's thirst for revenge had to be equaled and okayed by the Gambino leadership. Because it was family, because it was blood, they would have spent time and money hunting down Favara.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Revenge for an accident? Fuck them.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

That incident was turned into a L and O episode.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Families, generally, are off-limits.

Those that are in the mob life (John Gotti, for example), if it was okayed from above, they can be hit.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Let's see, a guy whose temper and ego brought down him and an entire organized crime empire used his temper and ego. Shocking. Gotti was a dumb bastard that never had any business being the boss of a family.

There's a famous story about some neighborhood punks that robbed one of Carlo Gambino's businesses. Gambino had some of his flunkies track the kids down and bring them to him. So these punks arrive, completely shaking in their shit, and sit down before Gambino. "Do you know who I am?" The kids nod. "Do you know what I do?" The kids nod again. "Do you know that was my business you robbed?" THey nod again. "Ever gonna' fuckin' do it again?" They shake their heads. "Do you know what will happen to you if you do?" They nod. End of conversation.

Gotti would have lit the fucks on fire.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

And Vito Corleone was based on several real-life godfathers. I think the movies kind of glorify the mob violence. In real-life, they are blood-thirsty and would knock off anyone who got in the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted