1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Country music -- the new hair metal??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 10, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but what's Donna doing with him? If I'm a woman, there's not enough testing in the world to convince me he's not a walking disease carrier.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Women are fucking dumb too. :D

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

He can also claim to have had Ozzy Osbourne lick up his piss.
    :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, we are.

And JJ, that was gross.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

JJ wasn't lying. It's true.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I'd buy a Tom Keifer country album. Hell ya.

And BYH, don't you like Hank Williams Jr? He's been known to prance aroud on stage with his shirt off.

7. sportschick

I'm frightened by the fact pallister and I agree on something :eek:

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not such a bad guy, just play one occasionally on a message board. ;)

Actually, I'm not ashamed to say I'd love to see a stop on that Poison/Cinderella tour this summer. Not a big Poison fan (was at one time, though), but Cinderella alone would be worth it. And I figure I can actually drink with people my own age for a change.

9. sportschick

Haha. Music's the great uniter anyway, isn't it?

I'd love to see one too, but I'm betting they don't come anywhere close enough for me to justify going. Sometimes living in Montana sucks!

And drinking with people your own age is overrated.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I swear it seems everyone between the ages of 28-35 has fallen off the face of the earth when I go out. In the last six months, I've had way too many conversations about "life" with 22-year-olds. Makes my head hurt.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Didn't they play an outdoor festival-type concert with Warrant somewhere in Idaho a few years back? My ex's friends were all pumped about going ...

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My exposure to country music is limited to rides with my sister, who enjoys that kind of thing.

Last year, on vacation, I endured some song written by a guy about his motorboat five times in three hours while driving through North Carolina. It became a source of amusement as my discomfort grew.

Last month, while helping her move, I heard this sappy, chirpy version of "Piece of My Heart" that almost made me cry. I wanted to grab a pillow, like Chief, and smother the song before grabbing a fountain and throwing it through a window. Instead, I politely informed her that this version of the song was a musical abomination. She glared at me. Then I said it was even worse than the motorboat song and she laughed. Had to defuse the situation. We were at her new house and I had no idea where I was

I hate country music. Hate, hate, hate.

Draft saved Draft deleted