1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you pass the U.S. Citizenship test?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Oct 7, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Only if you went to Hoover and they fixed yer grades so you could play....

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

9 of 11.
    Botched the number of amendments. Was thinking it was 27, but figured it was a trick question and the highest answer wouldn't be right so I chose 23.
    and also choked on the year for the Constitution. For some reason I was thinking it was ratified in 1782 (not 1788) and since 1787 was too late I had to choose 1776.

So I should have had all 11, but did too much thinking and blew two answers.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

11 of 11!! The only one I stumbled on was who is in line after the Vice President to the presidency. I wasn't sure if it was the Secretary of State or the Speaker, so I went with my gut feeling. Too bad I couldn't get as lucky with multiple guess tests in college.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Same thing here.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What helped me there was this. Remember when Reagan was shot, Alexander Haig went on the air and told everyone he was in charge. And there were numerous articles in the paper that said it was Speaker of the House.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Full monty, yo. Got hung up on the Susan B. Anthony one, but since "cook her husband dinner" wasn't an option, I figured it was the women's rights one.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

11-11, but those are elementary level questions. The real citizenship is much harder.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

11/11.

Not particularly challenging.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

I wondered if that was the real one or not, that seemed a little too easy.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

10 of 11. Flat-out read the Constitution one wrong, thought it was about the Declaration of Independence. Didn't even see the word constitution until the test was graded.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Here's a question on the real one:

What two wars did we lose?

Vietnam is the answer to the first one

Sir Isaac Brock is a clue to number two

12. markvid

markvid Guest

War of the Roses?

Draft saved Draft deleted