1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you pass the Haynesworth test?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

50 yards up and back 3 times -total 300 yds - must beat 75 seconds.

Rest minute and a half - repeat.

Read that West Point cadets do it in the 50's

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Conditioning for marathons has nothing in common with conditioning for professional football any more than conditioning for hockey has anything to do with conditioning for football.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the first had to be done in 70, and the second in 73.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Could be . I was going by memory

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's 25 yards up, 25 yards back -- 6 times. The first run in 70 seconds, 3 1/2-minute break, second run in 73 seconds.

And Boom -- I think it was Boom -- that picture of Haynesworth only shows that he's lost weight, not that he's particularly "fit." Big difference.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

What gets you there is different in every athletic endeavor, but the end result is the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not really.

I'm guessing the end result you're talking about is being in shape. But there's a big difference between football shape and marathon shape. And hockey shape. And baseball shape. And so on.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My son the football player goes to a gym called the Sports Specific Training In Lots of CFL and NHL players. The workout regimens of the two sports couldn't be more different

Draft saved Draft deleted