1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you hide $100K from the cops?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Cops will probably win every time. They might be kind and offer a token prize to someone, but ultimately they want you to know your place.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Where is the contest located? If I have to go to LA or something to participate, it would be tougher. If they came to my front door, it could disappear in a matter of minutes, they'd never find it and I would have to leave my property.

Whether or not it could leave the case would be important.
    As stated before, throw off the tracking stuff by having one person drive while making various stops. The other could travel on foot and actually stash it.

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Let's just hope these two dudes aren't contestants:

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Investigator: Where's the briefcase?
    SJer: Within 15 minutes of Tahoe.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know if I could hide the briefcase well enough to fool the cops, but I sure as hell know I wouldn't be telling them where it was.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU'RE WAITING TO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE:

They did bury the case in a public park and it was found when one of the brothers cracked.
    The rules seem to favor the cops, with the GPS and cell phone trace.
    One brother had the case handcuffed to his wrist and the other had the key. It was unclear if they are allowed to split up.
    They also have to be in the car one hour after they get the case, so you can't ditch it.
    Thought the premise of the show was better than the execution, but I'll watch again.

7. Mizzougrad96

Not being able to split up would be really tough. I think the only thing you can do is run as far away from the car as you can in an hour, hide the case and then run back to the car and take your chances.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

My son and I thought about the lost-and-found premise. Have one person turn it in and the other claim it two days later. That wouldn't work with the case handcuffed to one of the contestants.

If you're in a city with a lot of hotels, leave it with the bellman at one place, but visit all the other hotels too before driving around to throw off the cops.

9. Mizzougrad96

In 48 hours, they'd find it.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

This is a very cool premise for a show, I'm going to give it a shot. What time and network is it on?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://abc.go.com/shows/take-the-money-and-run?CID=SEM_N_TMR

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, and here's the full episode.

http://abc.go.com/watch/take-the-money-and-run/SH55132498/VD55137705/oh-brother

Draft saved Draft deleted