1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you ever own a minivan?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 15, 2009.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Yes.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Both the latter. Still waiting for something "pretty cool" to show up on Lono's list. :D

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Waylon, it's just transportation. And at 30, you automatically aren't cool.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have heard that reaching down is a bitch when dealing with a car seat. Having the kid at eye-level is a huge bonus.

You need room to pack all the shit the kid needs for that 3-4 day trip to Grandma's.

5. I don't know ... guess it was just kind of a humorous life transition.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

If you stop with one kid, you won't need a minivan. If you have twins or get a second bundle of joy, you are crazy for not getting a van.

7. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Love our Town & Country. Love it Three hour drive with the two kids became a lot easier once we got it. Hell, we even have one of those portable pissers in the back for our 3-year-old. No more testing restaurant/rest stop bathrooms, my wife can change the kid in the back without getting out, tons more room than any SUV/cross-over/station wagon.

But, I keep looking at the stow-and-go storage under the seats and I can't help but think, damn those would hold a crap load of beer. Hmmm, next concert or sporting event I go to is going to be one hell of a tailgate. Is that wrong?

8. lono

lono Active Member

Yeah, well, had a Corvette, a Jaguar XK-E, a vintage 1969 GTO, Mustang GT convertible, several vintage mid-60s GM convertibles, a '65 Chevy Impala SS.

Any of that work for you?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

That's better, but it doesn't excuse either the minivan or the oversized station wagon. :D

10. lono

lono Active Member

And you drive what?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Not a minivan, not a station wagon. :D

2002 Camaro, bought because GM said the Camaro was never coming back and I wanted one of the last ones (that and the seating position works very well for long-legged people, somewhat MGB-like in that you sit way down and stretch your legs out).

But I'm getting to the point that I'm tired of sitting six inches off the ground ...

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i never owned one, but one of the best rides i ever rode in was the 8-seat astro my brother owned back in the day. drop the kids off at mom's, and it was a traveling party.

Draft saved Draft deleted