1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you be a doctor?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Oct 9, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I had actually blocked that out.

*shiver*

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No, I couldn't if for nothing else than pure digustitide. My brother's in his second year of his surgical residency. The stories... the stories... of poop and pus... Ugh.

I know I post about him a lot, but I'm so proud of my lil' bro. I can't believe the kid who cried because I spit in his Legos is cutting people.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I can't believe you don't see the connection. :D

Alternate line:

I can't believe your brother is Clubber!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hell I'd be happy to settle with just playing doctor.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Some would argue that you're already a doctor...

You clearly have a PhD. in Suck and a MBA in Fail.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you Zeke. Why do you have to make this about me? Stay on topic, take it to PMs, go fuck yourself and have a happy no baseball today or tomorrow day.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You see? You can't help but suck. There is no "happy" no baseball day.

Today is Slutty Kelly Cut Her Hair Day.

But then you wouldn't know that, because you don't know Kelly like I do.

(and the answer to the original question is no. no i couldn't.)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stay on topic please and be careful out there.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Me too.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

A friend of a friend is one of those. She started at $95-100k, something like 60-something bucks an hour with opportunities for time and a half.

11. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm thinking those make a heck of a lot more than that. That's a really specialized, coveted field. Even your basic family practice docs and pediatricians make around that or little more to start.

As someone who has experienced medical school and beyond through a spouse, I think most of us could get through medical school -- if we could pass the entrance test and other science requirements. It really is just school for the first two years. But you have to be up for a lot of studying, like 24 hours a day studying. Then clinical stuff the next two years. And if you survive that, it's 80-plus hours a week for three to seven years at virtually minimum wage. We'll get to the student loans later.

I guess you really do have to be in the right state of mind to go through all that.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That's just what she started at in a non-major metro area. I have no idea what she's making now after a year or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted