1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cory Booker now official mayor of SJ.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/cory-booker-hot-pockets_n_2092772.html?utm_hp_ref=food

He gets free Hot Pockets for Newark!

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Man, that guy can play the game. I don't see any way he isn't in a governor/senator position within five years. And then it's on.

Former Stanford football player. Rhodes Scholar. Talks Jay-Z's language. And a Hot Pocket in every microwave.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I am unabashedly platonically in love with Cory Booker. It's been a quick courtship, but he's got me. I even wrote Zeke one morning after I saw him on one of those news shows and said "How is this guy not a bigger deal" and Zeke said it's because his time hasn't come yet.

I agree with LTL. This dude's got it.

4. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Well, in fairness, he's already a pretty big deal in that he's the Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, and you've heard of him.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

BigGER. Not big. I mean national office.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's talk of him taking on Christie next year. He'd be better off going for the Senate, assuming Lautenberg, who's older than Methusala, retires before the next race.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I get the impression that he and Christie have a mutual non-aggression pact. Figure they both win if they are "rising stars" in their respective parties, one can be Senator, one can be governor or more...and having two of the countries most dynamic politicians can't hurt New Jersey.
    And then you have Gillibrand and Cuomo in New York...

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Christie may be the Repub's best shot in 2016. The stance that he's taken in helping New Jerseyans after Sandy has been awesome. Booker is no slouch and is also destined for higher office, if he chooses.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Don't forget rescued a woman from a burning building.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Re: Hot Pockets... I can't be the only one refreshing Jim Gaffigan's Twitter feed every few seconds, waiting to see his one-liner on this news.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know Cory a little bit and a number of friends have worked for him or have been very active with his non-profit.

He's the real deal, but he won't be stupid enough to challenge Christie. I see him more as a Senator than a Governer type

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

And helped shovel out stranded motorists a couple winters back.

Draft saved Draft deleted