1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corporate Rates: How Do You Get One?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 29, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

What kind of rates for rooms and cars are we talking?

I cover college football in North America, it's my main beat.

There's nothing saying a Canuck can't join. Hell, we have a handful of current NCAA players and a few former NCAA players in the NFL.

I'd gladly pay the annual $40 US fee.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What about us schmoes who cover a beat other than college football??

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

IJAG, you're not a schmoe in my book!

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well then get me a Marriott VIP card!

5. It is 50 percent off the regular room rate on a space available basis at Marriott and Renaissance hotels and 25 percent off the highest midweek rate at Courtyard and all the other Marriott properties.

Sometimes, you can get a better deal with a AAA rate. But for peak travel times, this thing can usually save you money. If you want to see what the discount is, type "VIP" in the corporate rate box on the web site. You can try to use that code and see if you can get away with it but they have asked to see my card about 75 percent of the time.
    With FWAA, you also get a Hertz promo code but I have never used that...

Also, I agree with the poster early who mentioned the AAA rate. I have never had any hotel ever ask to see my AAA card.

Draft saved Draft deleted